- · Improve Balance, co-ordination and mobility
- · Increase Joint and tendon strength
- · Boost well-being and aid relaxation
- · Engage the whole body in mindful movement and motivate full participation.
- Be accessible to anyone who has not done any exercise for a long time or has an injury that limits mobility
- · Teach real Tai Chi movements for progressive learning from Aqua to Land based classes
Watch our short video above to discover more.
There is soothing background music to encourage relaxation and the professional instructors are mature, supportive and experienced, using gentle motivation and encouragement. The sessions are fun, friendly and non-competitive.
Accessible for all levels of fitness and to non-swimmers or people who are less confident in water. The sessions also help to build confidence in the water, leading to confidence and fitness to engage in other fitness activities and encouraging a healthier, more active lifestyle.
This is an ideal exercise for ante-natal. Read our page for Mums to Be
and for people with:
- · Joint Pain
- · Knee and Hip Replacements
- · Back Problems
- · Stress related Illness
- · Balance and general mobility difficulties
- · Leg problems
- · Rehabilitation after injury or surgery
Please always check with your GP or medical professional before undertaking any exercise programme, especially after surgery.
What to wear? Sports swimwear that cover the heart area - not bikinis or sunbathing suits.
We also recommend aqua shoes and a rash vest or swim jacket if you are prone to feel cool in water. These items are not expensive.
For privacy and to protect vulnerable people spectators are not permitted at the sessions.